Friday, January 23, 2009

A New Year - new challenges

It's been a while - so much to catch up on. Or not. Perhaps just go forward from here.

Holidays were wonderful with many family and friends around. Dad turned 90 - a special occasion. Makes one think about mortality and the quality of life. Must treasure every moment.

To that end - doing more of what I like and less of what I don't. Taking an on-line college class for the first time. that's quite a learning curve! Nice to be able to work on my own time without a classtime restriction.

Teaching three classes this term, 2 of them new to me. Lots of learning for me there. Going well and having a ball. Hope the students like it too.

Celebrated our 19th anniversary this January by going to see niece Leslie Spencer Smith (see her blog at spencerforhire.blogspot.com) in a musical. She's very talented and what a thrill to watch on stage!

Celebrating history being made with our new President. Say what you will, change is good. Only time will tell the true impact. (most things are better in retrospect anyway).

I look forward to all the wonderful and exciting things this new year has to offer. Each day is an adventure.

No comments: