Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Musings

Another beautiful day in sunny Southern California. As I putter about in the kitchen I watch snippets of Olympics on several different channels. I'm always curious about what events are televised. I had no idea there was a competition in trampolining! The athletes are amazing, in all the events.

Why do the women in beach volleyball wear tiny bikinis and the men in beach volleyball wear long board shorts? Now the guys in water polo - whoa - not only tiny speedos, but hats to match! Styling, to say the least.

Hats off to the athletes. Not being one myself, I can enjoy but not fully relate. My son and his wife are both athletes, owners of Hypercat Racing, Inc. (see www.hypercatrcing.com)
and keep in shape not only racing themselves but also coaching others. Fantastic. I will gladly lead the cheers for the races, provided I have a cold drink and a sun visor.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Junior college classes for me, just for fun. (I graduated in 1998, after plugging away for quite a loooong time, taking classes here and there) So here I am, getting my backpack together just like all the other students. Kinda cool. I love learning new things. And, truth be told, I actually enjoy taking tests too. It's a challenge and I thrive on challenges.

The hardest part will be the 8 a.m. start time. Over the last 5 months, recuperating from a broken wrist, I've had the luxury of sleeping in and moving slowly. Not so any more. Back to the grind.

Signing off for today. Keep a smile on.

No comments: